Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Early Birthday T...

In a little over a week, this beautiful girl, my first and only niece, will have a birthday. As a little early "gift", I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on what this girl means to me.

T (as you know I try to maintain a level of anonymity) is obviously beautiful on the outside. But the reasons I love her lie inside of her. She has such a warm personality. She is welcoming and gracious, and becoming an amazing hostess like her mother. She is such fun to be around when our family gathers for holidays and special occasions. She's a great sister. She always looks out for her little brother, even allowing him to share her room where he felt safe when he was younger. She's such a sweet daughter. You can see how proud her mom and dad are of her anytime you're around them. She's always helping out and spending time with those she loves.

She has such a sophisticated sense of style as well. She never went through a "gawky" teenage phase. She has always known how to dress with class...never tacky or "over the top" like so many young girls these days. She makes sure her family looks good too. (I won't embarrass them by pointing out who needs help either!)

But the thing I love most about her, is that she has a faith that has helped her navigate the challenging teenage years with relative ease, and she has proved her ability to withstand difficult situations. When so many others cave under peer pressure, T stays true to her beliefs. People know she's a Christian by her life. It's her testimony. I hope that my own daughter follows her example as she grows up as well. Happy birthday sweet girl.
Love,
Your aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment